Friday, July 06, 2007

Sunfest

Currently in the middle of this year's Sunfest, I'm about as tired and sore as i was after a few weeks of backpacking. I've found that sandels give you zero support while standing all day, yet i keep wearing them because with the heat shoes suck.

Sunfest has been great so far being busier than the past few years already. I've met some interesting people, some who liked my art, one who educated me in an overall view of the middle easy conflicts and others that are artists as well. What i've noticed tho is that generally people are just not friendly. My Sunfest neighbour stated how much he hates londoners because they are the least friendly of any other festival he goes in. I've noticed that as well now, how poeple don't even want to talk to others, even when one of the said parties tries to be nice and friendly. are we so scared to open ourselves to the idea that someone wants to genuinely talk to you that we can't even try? i know that as a vendor i'm tagged as 'only wanting to sell my product', but do you have to be that rude that you'll ignore any attempt to strike a conversation.

Ok enough rant. Its from working for 14 hours today and not having enough sleep.

Good night.

No comments: