Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Smoke

I just got back from a nice drive over to UWO to shoot some inter-mural soccer, had the windows down enjoying the evening air when I had the joy of getting a face full of smoke. No it wasn't from my engine. It was from this car infront of me whos passengers were blowing cigar-smelling smoke out of their windows. I'd never imagined that I would get bombarded with secondhand smoke in my own truck.
Now i don't really care if these people are out to kill themselves with the smoke, but I myself don't want to breathe it in. I've never experienced this before. I mean i have seen lots of poeple smoking in their cars, looking all hip with their windows down an inch to let out the smoke (i guess they don't like the smoke themselves eh...), but the people tonight must of had a smoke machine or something. I'm talking clouds coming out of the windows while driving.
So it brings to mind the question, can something like this be allowed to happen? I mean you can't smoke in any buildings now, and i'm sure its going to happen to most public places (outdoors) as well, but can we stop people from smoking in cars? I know tonight was a weird situation, but it was like i couldn't breathe while behind this car.
And then, to make things worse, i watch the driver just toss his cigarette butt out the window. That just adds to the hate. But that is another rant for another time.

No comments: